Monday, October 31, 2011

Meg's Denver Visit

I'll have you know that I finished this post, went to publish it last Thursday before we left for Nashville, and I pushed some setting that completely wiped out all of the pictures. I decided that meant it was okay to wait until Monday.


Whoopsies, I have been a bad blogger again. Let the record show, my delayed post about the lovely Megan Shaub's visit DOES NOT reflect on the amount of fun we had while she was here. I was SO HAPPY that she came!
Megan and I have a unique history because our parents were friends in high school and college, and although we didn't know each other until 2002, we had heard each others names for years before that. I like to think that we were destined to be friends.

Obviously, we took Megan to the Maroon Bells, for our second time in about 7 days. But honestly, can you blame us for wanting to return? Please forgive the onslaught of pictures. I just can't get enough of it all.


This picture reminds me of many a picture taken in HS and college.

Doesn't this look like some sort of secret passageway?

I can never get enough of these trees. Gorgeous.

Bestie.
So I'm sad to say we didn't really take any other pictures over the weekend, although we did take a couple of mental pictures. Megan was in town from Friday afternoon until Tuesday night and I savored every minute of my time with her. We napped, ran around, baked, laughed, watched tv, ate, and laughed some more. It was wonderful. I can never thank God enough for all of the wonderful people He has placed in my life.

Megan and I actually baked this Peanut Butter Sheet Cake that I had been eyeing on Pinterest for a while. We even took the extra time to sift the flour, with special help from Ryan. My Granna would've been so proud. We may not have made the icing as thick as we were supposed to, so it kind of ran everywhere, but it was still delicious!

Pinned ImageHere is the picture that taunted me until we made it and here is the recipe if you want to try it for yourself!

In other news, I've been doing some painting lately. My dear friend, Stephanie Jenkins, always keeps me in business painting something. It makes me feel so good when she asks me to paint something for a wedding gift or something for her own home! She had asked me back in the summer to make her a laundry sign and a TN sign to put up in her new place and this is what we ended up with. Thanks Steph for keeping me painting! It is my therapy.


Fall has been beautiful here! It is warm here most days, but the nights are almost always cool. The leaves have been so bright and beautiful everywhere. I thank God for them often.

If you haven't heard, we just got about 8 inches of snow last Wednesday and we are supposed to get about 6 inches this Wednesday. It's usually gone by the next day, but it is still fun and so pretty! It's sunny and warm today.  Must be something about Wednesdays. I kinda love the crazy Colorado weather.

Here are some upcoming blog post-worthy events that I am excited about :

Oct. 29 - Landis' Lingerie shower - hosted by yours truly and the Lovely Kelsey Sisk (Landis' MOH)
We worked so hard on the shower and we were so excited about it! We are now mourning that it is already over. It went so well! I can't wait to add a million pictures of the decor. Kelsey documented it all!
Oct. 30 - Wesley Speight Day - My brother is in Nashville all week and Ryan and I only got one day with him so I designated it "Wes Day." I've really missed my brother! It was so fun to be with him.
Nov. 3-6 - Chicago Trip with Team Simmons
Nov. 10 - Denver H&M Opening! Woohoo!

There are plenty of other things I am super excited about past that, but we will hold it to that at this point.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment